Illiana Beer Rackers Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ValpoBrewFest

2 posters

Go down

ValpoBrewFest Empty ValpoBrewFest

Post  BassClefBrews Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 am

Just a reminder that any homebrew you wish to donate to be poured at the fest needs to be dropped off at KennyWood brew supplies by no later than 7:00 pm on Friday Oct. 1. It will be limited it to 3 beers per person. Preferable packaging would be 3 - 22 oz. bottles or a growler, 6 - 12 oz bottles are fine if that's all you have. Bottles will not be returned, but you will be able to claim your growlers at the October meeting, which is the Monday after the Valpobrewfest, the 4th. Here's a link to the event website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BassClefBrews
BassClefBrews

Back to top Go down

ValpoBrewFest Empty Re: ValpoBrewFest

Post  JCoe Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Despite the cold and damp weather, this turned out to be a pretty nice event. It seemed to be really well run. I would have liked to see more actual brewers there, rather then distributor reps, but for a first time event it showed a lot of promise. If it continues as a yearly event I'm sure the level of participation will go up.

Biggest complaint was the almost total lack of food available unless you had VIP tent access. That was just really bad planning.

IBRU was very well received! We had some comments that a few of the beers we were pouring were some of the best of the fest. I take those comments with a grain of salt, but people were certainly enjoying what we (or I should say some of you) donated to the club table. We had a steady line of tasters all day. I think we may see some fresh faces at upcoming meetings as well.

Cheers
JCoe
JCoe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum