Illiana Beer Rackers Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions

5 posters

Go down

Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions Empty Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions

Post  CGreen Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:02 pm

I did a bit of digging around and gathered a some of info on registering our club with the AHA. There are no negatives that I can find. It is completely free and we will receive notification for all AHA events. We will also be able to take part in the 6 yearly AHA Club Only Competitions. We will have to pick 1 beer to represent our club for each competition.

The next AHA Club comp is on 2/20/2010 and the category is English Brown Ales. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] These are session beers and ferment out fast (3-5 days). If you brew within the next 2 weeks it will be done in time. We can hold our selection panel during the February meeting. the deadline for entry is 2/16/10.

Here is the text directly from the AHA:

"If your club is not yet listed in the AHA-registered clubs database, you can register your club with the AHA for free by simply filling out the Club Information Form. Registration with the AHA gets your club listed in the AHA-registered clubs database, helping local homebrewers find you. Registered clubs also qualify to send one entry to each of the six AHA Club-Only Competitions, plus they receive email updates from the AHA covering Club-Only Competition results and deadlines, and upcoming AHA Events and Activities."

Competition info:

02/20/2010
AHA Club-Only Competition, The Session Challenge-English Brown Ales
Kent, WA
Phone: (206) 730-4532
Entry Fee: One entry per club, $7 (make check payable to AHA)
Entry Deadline: 02/16/2010
CGreen
CGreen

Back to top Go down

Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions Empty I'm all in...

Post  Whatever Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 pm

This sounds great...I say let's do it ASAP so we can get in for the next club competition.

We could either vote on a recipe to submit at the January meeting, or we could vote at the February meeting for best club brown from personal endeavours.

I've already put together a recipe specifically for this reason...or I might do 5 gallons and split the batch between two different yeast strains.

I have Notty and Windsor, so we could taste the differences in flavor profiles between a single Manufacturer's Northern and Southern English ale yeasts.

I'd prefer to bottle condition an English brown, as it would be more traditional to the style.
Whatever
Whatever

Back to top Go down

Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions Empty Re: Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions

Post  CGreen Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 am

I think we need to brew them and have a tasting at the Feb meeting. Who ever is interested should brew whatever recipe they want and we can select what we feel is our best example. The tasting will need to be blind so this will take a bit of organization but we can pull it off. It will also be a great lesson on beer tasting!
CGreen
CGreen

Back to top Go down

Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions Empty Re: Info on registering the club with the AHA/Club only competions

Post  Scott_M_Bort Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:32 pm

I'll help organize and distribute the samples. An excel file and some organization will make this a snap.

Someone want to put out an email to the group saying whats up and to do this quick since they should brew before the end of the year.
Scott_M_Bort
Scott_M_Bort

http://www.scottmbort.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BassClefBrews Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 pm

I'll be brewing a Southern English Brown for entry tonight. Went to Bob's shop yesterday to get my ingredients. I hope it turns out good, seeing that this will only be my 3rd batch and I'm attempting my first recipe.
BassClefBrews
BassClefBrews

Back to top Go down

Post  EricRuuska Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm

I've got a Northern English Brown ready to be bottled next Monday. Do we need to bring our recipes with OG and FG numbers? How many bottles should we bring?
EricRuuska
EricRuuska

Back to top Go down

Post  CGreen Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 pm

I will email the organizer and get back to all of you with how many bottles will be needed. 2 is the norm.
CGreen
CGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down