Illiana Beer Rackers Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Lord Day?

+3
Scott_M_Bort
JCoe
EricRuuska
7 posters

Go down

Dark Lord Day? Empty Dark Lord Day?

Post  EricRuuska Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey everyone,

A while back, I think even before this message board was birthed, Chris said he'd like to see us participate in regional events like Dark Lord Day.
Well, DLD is Saturday, April 24. Anyone know how we could become involved? I've never been to a DLD, but it sounds like a load of fun and might help our visibility among the local beerocracy.

What does everyone think?

Eric
EricRuuska
EricRuuska

Back to top Go down

Dark Lord Day? Empty Re: Dark Lord Day?

Post  JCoe Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:41 pm

I can't be there this year, but I do usually go. DLD is a total blast! Last year the BOSS homebrew club set up a table where they were giving info about the club, and sharing samples of their homebrew. I wasn't a part of that, but I did share a lot of the stuff I brewed with other people who were just walking around and pouring their beer to anyone who was interested. DLD is all about sampling different brews, whether it's homebrew or commercial stuff. There are generally a couple of large tables for the Beeradvocate - Ratebeer crowd, where people are free to sample, as long as you contribute to the supply of beer. If you don't have something to contribute, ask before you pour. Even if the club doesn't do anything on its own, I would recommend attending.

I know Bob has been involved with BOSS, so perhaps we could cooperate with them in promoting homebrew.
JCoe
JCoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_M_Bort Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm

So as of right now I will have a pop-up canopy set across the street to help promote the PT and the blog/column. I'll be shooting/uploading video on the fly and live blogging the event.

If anyone wants to setup next to me, feel free.

I'm bringing a small grill for the day since food is scarce around there and am working to legally park in the lot so I can recharge my laptop as needed.
Scott_M_Bort
Scott_M_Bort

http://www.scottmbort.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EricRuuska Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:52 am

So it's a good time even if I don't have a Golden Ticket?
EricRuuska
EricRuuska

Back to top Go down

Post  JCoe Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 pm

EricRuuska wrote:So it's a good time even if I don't have a Golden Ticket?

Yep! Also last year by the end of the day they were selling Dark Lord to anyone, even without the ticket. It's worth going just for the party, either way.
JCoe
JCoe

Back to top Go down

Post  saltydawg Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Beth & I have only missed one since it began. It's been cool to see it grow over the years. Great time. A lot of home brewers and just people attend from all over the country.

If the club is going to try to do something, we'd be interested in helping.
saltydawg
saltydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Nozferatu46 Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

EricRuuska wrote:So it's a good time even if I don't have a Golden Ticket?

If you like drinking tons of good beer, in a variety so big you can't remember it all, and not walk straight by noon... yes. Yes it is a good time.
Nozferatu46
Nozferatu46

Back to top Go down

Post  kjung Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 am

I would definitely be interested in joining anything the club decides to do. I've been "talking" with a few fellow homebrewers on HBT who are talking about meeting there also. It could be great publicity for the club!
kjung
kjung

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_M_Bort Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:40 pm

I'll have a tent set up across the street and would be honored to have IBRU next to me - we share resources and coolers/grills and the like.

i think we will be talking about this the next meeting so BE THERE!
Scott_M_Bort
Scott_M_Bort

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_M_Bort Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 am

So i missed the april meeting

Are we doing anything for Dark Lord Day?
Scott_M_Bort
Scott_M_Bort

Back to top Go down

Post  JCoe Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Doesn't look like it. Nor is there enough interest in the Big Brew Day on May 1st. Too bad.
Anyway, I have friends in the BOSS homebrew club, and they'll have a table again this year. I'm sure anyone else that wanted to share the space, and some homebrews, would be welcome. I hung out with some of those guys last year at DLD and had a great time. I think Bob Heinlein is a member there as well.
JCoe
JCoe

Back to top Go down

Post  BassClefBrews Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 pm

I just dropped off a stack of handbills to Bob's shop, so if you're going to Darklord Day feel free to grab a handful to pass out. If you wanted to print it out and take some here it is.

IBRU
ILLIANA BEER RACKERS UNION

Illiana Beer Rackers Union, IBRU, is an AHA registered home brew club that meets the first Monday of each month at Crown Brewing in Crown Point, IN. Each month we gather to discuss the different beer styles, equipment, brewing techniques, and to exchange knowledge and ideas about home brewing. Even if you've never brewed before, but thought about it, come to a meeting and see what it's all about. Illiana Beer Rackers Union is a home brew club, not a beer drinking club. We promote the responsible consumption of beer. Our next meeting is Monday May 3rd, in the conference room at Crown Brewing.
Forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BassClefBrews on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BassClefBrews
BassClefBrews

Back to top Go down

Post  saltydawg Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:04 am

BassClefBrews wrote: Illiana Beer Rackers Union is a home brew clu, not a beer drinking club.

Welll..... yes, sure, thats true, mostly, by strict definition, as it were, it's in the charter by-laws, I'm sure, somewhere.... right????
saltydawg
saltydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum