Illiana Beer Rackers Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hardware review...Ferrari bottle avinator/sanitizer

2 posters

Go down

Hardware review...Ferrari bottle avinator/sanitizer Empty Hardware review...Ferrari bottle avinator/sanitizer

Post  Whatever Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SWMBO bought me this for Christmas...if you ever thought about it, here's a short review.

Price: $15-20

Made in Italy by the Ferrari company. (I don't think it's the same Ferrari, but it is red, white, and fast)

Ingredients/materials: Stainless steel ball bearings and springs, polycarbonate dish, Delrin assembly. Delrin is a plastic specially designed for use in the space shuttle, but now is widely used in bottling applications, both commercial and home.

Assembly: Easy...insert spring into tower, screw together tower & base, place tower assembly in dish, snap in place, fill with 10 oz. of premixed no rinse sanitizer, place bottle on tower & push down twice...done. Less than two minutes.

Ease of use: Cheese. Place bottle on top & push down. Two ball bearing check valves help draw liquid into tower from dish on release...sanitizer forced from tower into bottle when pushed down. Additional back-spray on release sanitizes bottle rim. Pretty slick double action.

Clean up: Quick...disassemble, wipe dry, return to box. No need to wash, ever. (seeing as how it is filled with sanitizer and used with clean bottles). Three minutes.

Necessity factor: Zero. You can just soak your bottles all night, or spray them with a squirt bottle. Right?

Neat Factor (1 to 10): If you bottle all your beer, 9.5 out of 10. (Especially if you do 10 gallon batches or power bottling sessions) This device saves boat loads of sanitizer, and shaves significant time off sanitizing bottles. I can sanitize four cases in several minutes or less. I do believe it also helps deter squirt bottle related carpal tunnel.

Bottom line...I like it a bunch. Bottling still sucks, but this helps make pre-bottling preparation much more tolerable. And much faster. Also...the dish is more than large enough to accommodate 100 bottle caps for pre cap sanitizer soak. Plus it fits on top of their bottling tree...

...but I didn't buy the tree.
Whatever
Whatever

Back to top Go down

Hardware review...Ferrari bottle avinator/sanitizer Empty Re: Hardware review...Ferrari bottle avinator/sanitizer

Post  EricRuuska Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 am

I didn't buy the tree either.

This is a truly cool device. Cuts down on the volume of sanitizer needed for bottling, and there's no need to fill and drain the bottles. Very fast.

For those who don't know what it looks like, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bob carries these over at Kennywood.
EricRuuska
EricRuuska

Back to top Go down